Friday, December 24, 2010

Twas The Night Before The Day Before Christmas


Just Me and The Mouse sitting around talking things over late night/early morning.
I know already I'm not getting exactly what I wanted for Christmas. But I still consider the journey North to have been a success. And, even though the diagnosis, prognosis and treatments are patty much the same as those from MD Anderson and Baylor in Dallas; I got a chance to meet and mingle with an excellent staff at CTCA Mid-Med. All three facilities recommend I commence taking "Nexavar" which I intend to upon my return to Texas.

I had so many memorable experiences and adventures, I hope I can keep them filed in my brain so I can describe them more fully in the coming days.
Right now I'm staying with a member of the Northern Branch of my GENEology, my niece Erin and her husband Wally #1. For Christmas Eve we will gather all available members of the Munse/Murphy clan together under the same roof for the first time in many, many years. It will either be a touching, sentimental photo-op, or A Griswald get-together.
So another opportunity to thank you for everything you've done for me in the last several months. I can't emphasize enough what it has all meant: your notes, letters, phone calls, in-person greetings, donations and-of course- your prayers. Please save a spot for me in them.
I'll write again when I get a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment